Thank you for your reading and interest in the news Chelsea cleared to make signings in January and now with details
London: Champions League contenders Chelsea were cleared to make signings in the January transfer window on Friday, when the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) halved a transfer ban imposed on the club last February.
CAS said in a statement it had also halved Chelsea’s fine to $300,000.
The West London club, last season’s Europa League champions, had been handed a two-window ban by world football body Fifa for breaching rules on the international transfer and registration of players under 18.
They served one window in the last close season.
“(Chelsea) is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for one entire registration period, which the club already served during the 2019 summer registration period,” CAS said.
The club, currently fourth in the Premier League, had filed an appeal with CAS in June.
These were the details of the news Chelsea cleared to make signings in January for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Gulf News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.