Whopping 48 sixes, 70 fours in Bangladesh cricket run-fest

You are now following the details of the Whopping 48 sixes, 70 fours in Bangladesh cricket run-fest news and now we leave you with the details

Mohamed Nass - - Batsmen hit a staggering 48 sixes and 70 fours in a Bangladesh second division 50-over match in which a combined 818 runs were scored.

North Bengal Cricket Academy won by 46 runs after they racked up 432-4 and restricted Talent Hunt Cricket Academy to a relatively meagre 386-7 at City Club ground in Dhaka on Monday.

The North Bengal players struck 27 sixes, while Talent Hunt smashed 21 over the ropes.

"This is very unusual. I have been familiar with Dhaka’s domestic cricket for many years. But I never saw anything like this," said Syed Ali Asaf, a club cricket organiser.

Bangladesh’s domestic matches frequently throw up unusual results, and allegations of match-fixing are common.

In one notorious case in 2017, authorities banned a bowler for 10 years after he delivered a succession of wides and no-balls to concede 92 runs to deliberately lose a match in what his team called a protest against biased umpiring.

That Dhaka League Second Division game raised suspicions after a Lalmatia bowler sent down 13 wides and three no-balls in the first over -- all of which raced to the boundary -- costing his side 80 runs.

Lalmatia had earlier been dismissed for just 88 off 14 overs before opponents Axiom reached 92-0 off just four legal deliveries.

In October last year, suspended national captain Shakib Al Hasan said the outcome of many matches was predetermined.

Former Bangladesh Cricket Board president Saber Hossain Chowdhury, a British-educated lawyer, businessman and influential member of parliament, backed Shakib's comments, claiming there was "deep-rooted" corruption in the sport's governing body.

Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.

Print Email Twitter LinkedIn Whats App Pin Interest

These were the details of the news Whopping 48 sixes, 70 fours in Bangladesh cricket run-fest for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at emirates247 and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Gareth Bale in talks with Tottenham over return from Real Madrid
NEXT TENNIS: Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat exits US Open with defeat to Gilles Simon