Saudi Arabia announces 9 deaths from COVID-19

Thank you for reading the news about Saudi Arabia announces 9 deaths from COVID-19 and now with the details

Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - Saudi health minister: 96% of Kingdom’s coronavirus allocated ICU beds remain empty

RIYADH: Saudi Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rabiah said on Wednesday that the Kingdom’s increased coronavirus cases were due to more testing.

The minister said that the global death rate from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new virus, was ten times higher than that of Saudi Arabia.

“The death rate from coronavirus in the Kingdom is low, at 0.7%,” Al-Rabiah said.

The minister said there was plenty of capacity at hospitals. “Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the government has allocated thousands of ICU beds and respirators, of which 96% is still available. Thankfully, with you taking the necessary precautions, we won’t need them,” he said in a video message on Saudi national news station Al-Ekhbariya.

Saudi Health Minister Tawfiq Al-Rabiah. (Alekhbariyatv)

The minister said that mass screening had caught early cases before they could spread and allowed for treatment before patients got worse.

He urged the public to remain vigilant despite what has been achieve so far:  “We are still at risk and your support and cooperation in taking all precautions is very important because you are our partners in facing this pandemic.” 

He reiterated that those above 65 years old or those suffering from chronic diseases or respiratory problems remain the most at risk.

These were the details of the news Saudi Arabia announces 9 deaths from COVID-19 for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV 1.5 million beneficiaries of Saudi water project in Aden
NEXT Saudi Health Ministry warns against video claiming COVID-19 cure