Saudi-led coalition intercepts missiles, drones from Yemen’s Houthis

Saudi-led coalition intercepts missiles, drones from Yemen’s Houthis
Saudi-led coalition intercepts missiles, drones from Yemen’s Houthis

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Saudi-led coalition intercepts missiles, drones from Yemen’s Houthis in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - Coalition vows to take “all operational procedures to put a stop to these terrorist acts.”

Monday 13/07/2020

A file picture shows the spokesman of the Saudi-led military coalition in Yemen, Colonel Turki al-Maliki, holding a news conference in Riyadh. (AFP)

RIAYDH - The Saudi-led coalition in Yemen said on Monday it intercepted and destroyed four missiles and six explosive drones launched overnight by Iran-backed Houthi militias towards the kingdom.

The coalition, in a statement published by the Saudi state news agency SPA, did not say where the objects where intercepted, but said the drones had been launched from the Houthi-controlled capital Sana’a towards Saudi Arabia.

A statement by the official spokesman of the coalition, colonel Turki Al-Malki, said the two ballistic missiles and “six bomb-laden USVs” were “launched deliberately from (Sana’a) to target civilians and civilian objects in the Kingdom.”

“The Joint Forces Command of the Coalition will continue to implement and undertake all necessary procedures to protect civilians and civilian objects, in addition to all operational procedures to put a stop to these terrorist acts and failed attempts in accordance with the customary International Humanitarian Law,” he added.

The coalition intervened in Yemen in March 2015 after the Houthis ousted the internationally recognised government from the capital, Sana’a, in late 2014.

The Houthis, who control most large urban centres, are actively supported by Tehran, which supplies them with weapons and drones.

Houthi-run news outlet Al Masirah said the coalition had carried out air strikes on various regions under Houthi control on Monday.

The United Nations recently launched virtual talks among the warring parties on a permanent ceasefire and confidence-building steps to restart peace negotiations.

But discussions have been complicated by the surge in violence since the ceasefire expired.

The Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced the Houthi attacks and expressed Monday Cairo’s “full solidarity” with Saudi Arabia and its support for the kingdom in “all measures taken to defend its lands and protect its national security.”

These were the details of the news Saudi-led coalition intercepts missiles, drones from Yemen’s Houthis for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The Arab Weekly and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV ‘9 Space Trips’ summer program launched in Saudi Arabia
NEXT Coronavirus forces Makkah women to abandon 70-year-long noble tradition