China slams US after Trump virus ‘attack’ claim

China slams US after Trump virus ‘attack’ claim
China slams US after Trump virus ‘attack’ claim

Hello and welcome to the details of China slams US after virus ‘attack’ claim and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - US President Donald Trump holds a chart showing global coronavirus disease data as he reacts in front of White House coronavirus coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx at the White House in Washington, US, May 6, 2020. — Reuters pic

BEIJING, May 7 — China accused the United States on Thursday of trying to shift blame over the coronavirus, after President Donald Trump said the pandemic was a worse “attack” than Pearl Harbour or 9/11.

Tension between the world’s two biggest economies has reached fever pitch in recent days as they have exchanged barbed comments on each other’s handling of the virus.

“We urge the US side to stop shifting the blame to China and turn to facts,” said foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying at a press briefing.

On Wednesday Trump drew analogies with the virus, which emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan last year, and infamous military and terrorist attacks on the United States. 

“This is really the worst attack we’ve ever had,” Trump told reporters. “This is worse than Pearl Harbour. This is worse than the World Trade Centre.”

The Japanese assault on the Pearl Harbour naval base in Hawaii drew the United States into World War II.

The September 11, 2001 jihadist attacks on that killed about 3,000 people and triggered two decades of war.

Trump said the coronavirus pandemic “should never have happened”.

“Could have been stopped at the source. Could have been stopped in China,” he said.

Hua responded: “They might say the pandemic is comparable to Pearl Harbour or 9/11, but the enemy facing the US is the novel coronavirus”.

She said Washington should “fight side-by-side” with Beijing instead of as “enemies”.

Hua added that “lots of foreign countries, experts and scientists have all made positive comments on China’s effective virus prevention and control.”

“But the US alone has made some very disharmonious, untruthful and insincere remarks,” said Hua.

The coronavirus, which first emerged in central China late last year, has now killed more than 73,000 people in the US. — Reuters

These were the details of the news China slams US after Trump virus ‘attack’ claim for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Trump says he thinks 2020 election will end up at Supreme Court
NEXT Hamas in Gaza 'strikes deal to reduce violence'