Bangladesh aircrew refuse to work on Wuhan evacuation flight

Bangladesh aircrew refuse to work on Wuhan evacuation flight
Bangladesh aircrew refuse to work on Wuhan evacuation flight

Hello and welcome to the details of Bangladesh aircrew refuse to work on Wuhan evacuation flight and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Staff members wearing masks monitor thermal scanners that detect temperatures of passengers at the security check inside the Hankou Railway Station in Wuhan, Hubei province January 21, 2020. Biman aircrew refused to work on a flight aimed at evacuating Bangladesh citizens from Wuhan. — China Daily pic via Reuters

DHAKA, Feb 9 — Aircrew from Bangladesh’s national carrier Biman have refused to work on a flight aimed at repatriating citizens from virus-hit Chinese cities, forcing the government to scrap the evacuation plan.

The South Asian nation last week evacuated 312 people, mostly students, from the epicentre of the deadly outbreak, and had planned a second flight for another 171 Bangladeshis.

“We can’t bring them because we can’t send any flight,” foreign minister AK Abdul Momen told reporters yesterday.

“No crew wants to go there. The crew who went there earlier don’t want to go either.”

The outbreak, which has killed more than 800 people and infected tens of thousands across China, has spread to nearly more than two dozen other countries and sparked global concern.

There have been no cases recorded in Bangladesh.

The evacuees and aircrew who returned to Dhaka on February 1 are being quarantined for 14 days at a camp usually used for Haj pilgrims.

Health officials say none have tested positive for the virus.

The minister said the government was trying to charter a Chinese flight instead, but so far without success. — AFP

These were the details of the news Bangladesh aircrew refuse to work on Wuhan evacuation flight for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV US attorney general in hot water after comparing lockdown, slavery
NEXT Australia looks set to ease border limits and allow more citizens home