Prince Harry loses complaint against Mail on Sunday

Prince Harry loses complaint against Mail on Sunday
Prince Harry loses complaint against Mail on Sunday

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Prince Harry loses complaint against Mail on Sunday in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - LONDON — Britain's Prince Harry on Thursday lost a complaint against tabloid newspaper the Mail on Sunday about a story criticizing wildlife photographs he posted on Instagram.

The prince alleged the newspaper had run the inaccurate headline "Drugged and tethered... what Harry didn't tell you about those awe-inspiring wildlife photos" in an article about pictures he had posted online of himself and an elephant.

The weekly reported that another picture showed the animal was tethered with a rope.

Harry complained that the paper had made it seem he had deliberately cropped out the rope, and that he had posted the full picture in 2016.

He also said the website of the conservation organization explained how it tranquiliszed and tethered the animals.

But the Independent Press Standards Organization (IPSO) watchdog rejected the complaint.

"The complainant (Harry) said the article was inaccurate as it reported that... he had intentionally misled the public to give the impression that he was a superior wildlife photographer who had captured the images in dangerous circumstances," said IPSO.

"The Committee did not consider that it was significantly misleading to report that the photographs posted on the complainant's Instagram account did not quite tell the full story and that the complainant had not explained the circumstances in which the photographs had been taken," it added in a ruling.

The prince, 35, has launched multiple complaints against newspapers recently, ramping up hostilities with the media that he blames for his mother Diana, princess of Wales' death and for unfair reporting on his wife Meghan.

The couple stunned the country earlier this month when they announced they were stepping back from frontline royal duties to spend more time living in North America. — AFP


These were the details of the news Prince Harry loses complaint against Mail on Sunday for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV New UK lockdown likely sooner rather than later
NEXT New Afghan law allows mother names on children’s ID cards