Taliban repel Afghan forces’ bid to reach US plane crash site

Taliban repel Afghan forces’ bid to reach US plane crash site
Taliban repel Afghan forces’ bid to reach US plane crash site

Hello and welcome to the details of Taliban repel Afghan forces’ bid to reach US plane crash site and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - Taliban fighters have made it difficult to access the area near the crash. — Reuters pic

KABUL, Jan 28 — Afghan forces and Taliban fighters clashed in a central region where a US  military aircraft crashed, officials said today, as the government tried to reach the wreckage site in a Taliban stronghold.

Yesterday, the US military said an E-11A aircraft crashed in the province of Ghazni, but disputed Taliban claims to have brought it down, without saying how many were aboard or if any had been killed.

Security forces were sent to the site immediately after receiving a report of the crash in the Deh Yak district, but were ambushed by Taliban fighters, Ghazni provincial police chief Khalid Wardak told Reuters.

“As per our information, there are four bodies and two onboard were alive and they are missing,” Wardak said, adding that the forces subsequently received an order to retreat and airborne action is to be taken instead.

Zabiullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, said Afghan forces backed by US military support had tried to capture the area around the crashed aircraft and clashed with fighters of the Islamist militant group.

The attempt was repelled, however, he told Reuters, but added that the Taliban would allow a rescue team access to recover bodies from the crash site.

“Taliban fighters on the ground counted six bodies at the site of the US airplane crash,” he said, adding that while there could have been more, the militant group could not be certain, as fire had reduced everything to ashes.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, US officials said the plane was carrying fewer than five when it crashed, with one official saying initial information showed there were at least two.

The site has not been visited by US officials or any other members of the international force in Afghanistan, but the Taliban claim to have brought down the plane is misleading, a US defence official told Reuters on Tuesday, adding that a preliminary probe showed there was a mechanical error.

The crashed aircraft, built by Bombardier Inc, is used to provide communication capabilities in remote locations. — Reuters

These were the details of the news Taliban repel Afghan forces’ bid to reach US plane crash site for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Turkish doctors persecuted for criticising government coronavirus response
NEXT Hamas in Gaza 'strikes deal to reduce violence'