Hello and welcome to the details of Italian city evacuates 54,000 people to defuse WW2 bomb and now with the details
Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - MILAN, Dec 15 — Around 54,000 people were evacuated from the southern Italian city of Brindisi today as experts worked to defuse a World War Two bomb, authorities said.
Corriere della Sera daily said the operation was the biggest peacetime evacuation in Italy, with more than 60% of the city’s residents forced to vacate a “red zone” in a radius of 1,617 metres from where the bomb was found.
The British bomb, believed to have been dropped on the city in 1941, is 1 metre long and contains 40 kgs of dynamite, authorities said. It was found by chance last month during refurbishment works at a cinema theatre.
The city’s airport, train station, two hospitals and a prison were shut down and evacuated as part of the operation, which authorities expect to be completed around lunchtime. — Reuters
These were the details of the news Italian city evacuates 54,000 people to defuse WW2 bomb for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.