Hello and welcome to the details of Iran official: US to join probe of jet disaster, no missile link and now with the details
PARIS, Jan 10 — Iran has invited the US National Transportation Safety Board to take part in its investigation into the crash of a Ukrainian jetliner and the US agency has agreed to assign an investigator, an Iranian official said yesterday.
“The NTSB has replied to our chief investigator and has announced an accredited representative,” Farhad Parvaresh, Iran's representative at the International Civil Aviation Organisation, part of the United Nations, told Reuters.
The NTSB declined comment.
A person briefed on the matter confirmed the NTSB had agreed to take part but said it was unclear what if anything its representative would be able to do under US sanctions.
The United States is allowed to take part under global rules since the Boeing 737-800NG jet was designed and built there.
Canada, which had dozens of passengers onboard, has also assigned an expert, while a team from Ukraine held discussions in Tehran yesterday, Parvaresh said in a telephone interview.
Iran is ready to provide consular facilities and visas for accredited investigators, he added.
Sweden and Afghanistan, which had some passengers on board, have also been notified. France may also be involved as it was one of the countries where the engines are made, Parvaresh said.
He denied US and Canadian claims that the jet had been shot down and said Iran was committed to a full and transparent investigation for the accident, adding it was too early to speculate on the cause.
“As Iranians we feel this tragedy and disaster for us and for the families,” Parvaresh said, expressing condolences to the relatives of all 176 people who died when the Ukraine International Airlines jet crashed on Wednesday.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said earlier the jet was probably brought down by an accidental Iranian missile strike, citing intelligence from Canadian and other sources.
The US government believes Iran shot down the plane by mistake, three US officials told Reuters.
The flight to Kiev from Tehran crashed hours after Iran fired ballistic missiles at two US military bases in Iraq.
Parvaresh said expert testimony indicated that the aircraft could not have been hit by a missile and that it was important to keep the crash investigation non-political.
“I think we should keep this purely technical and not confuse it with political tensions in the region. We should leave it to experts to investigate and make their report.” — Reuters
These were the details of the news Iran official: US to join probe of jet disaster, no missile link for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.