Middle East cannot afford war, says Pakistan minister

Middle East cannot afford war, says Pakistan minister
Middle East cannot afford war, says Pakistan minister

Thank you for reading the news about Middle East cannot afford war, says Pakistan minister and now with the details

Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - PM Imran Khan asks FM and army chief to contact counterparts in US, Iran and Saudi.

Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Wednesday said that rising tensions in the Middle East was not in anyone's interest, adding that the region could not afford war.

Also read: Imran Khan's peace plan for region

"The region cannot afford war. It is not in anyone's interest and will impact the global economy," Dawn news quoted Qureshi as saying in a statement.

Qureshi's remarks came on the same day Tehran launched missile strikes on the Ain-Al-Asad military base in Iraq housing US troops and a Washington-operated airbase in Erbil in retaliation for the January 3 drone attack that killed Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani in Baghdad.

The Minister further said that he had been in touch with his counterparts in the region.

"We are also endeavouring to ensure that tensions in the region remain in check.

"Pakistan does not want tensions to escalate. This region cannot witness yet another war.

"Such matters need to be resolved through dialogue. The UN security council and the international community needs to play a role in resolving tensions in the region," he added.

On Monday, Qureshi, while briefing the Senate on tensions in the Middle East, made it clear that Pakistan would not become party to the regional conflict, adding that Islamabad's "soil will not be used against any other state".

These were the details of the news Middle East cannot afford war, says Pakistan minister for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Centcom chief: Iran still aiming for regional dominance despite Suleimani killing
NEXT Sahel allies have ‘shifted the dynamic’ in fight with extremists: Macron