At least two killed in Cambodia building collapse

At least two killed in Cambodia building collapse
At least two killed in Cambodia building collapse

Hello and welcome to the details of At least two killed in Cambodia building collapse and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - This handout photo released by Fresh News on January 3, 2020, shows people gathering after a seven-storey building under construction collapsed, in the southern Cambodia’s coastal, Kep province. — AFP pic

PHNOM PENH, Jan 3 — At least two people were killed and more than a dozen injured when a seven-storey building under construction collapsed in southern Cambodia today trapping workers under the rubble, police told AFP.

The building in coastal Kep province was meant to be a hotel but crumpled at around 4:30pm, with video circulating online showing concrete floors sandwiched together as firefighters and an excavator arrived.

Cambodian leader Hun Sen said in a post this evening he was travelling to the site.

Around 30 people were believed to be trapped but 17 were pulled out and sent to hospital where two died, Ros Udong, spokesman for the Kep provincial administration, told AFP by phone.

Deadly accidents plague the kingdom’s poorly regulated building sector even as the country has enjoyed a construction boom.

In June nearly 30 people died after the collapse of a building under construction in Sihanoukville, a beach town undergoing a Chinese investment bonanza.

Last month at least three workers died and more than a dozen others were seriously injured after an under-construction dining hall at a temple collapsed in the tourist town of Siem Reap.

There are an estimated 200,000 construction workers in Cambodia, most unskilled, reliant on day wages and not protected by union rules, according to the International Labour Organization. — AFP

These were the details of the news At least two killed in Cambodia building collapse for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV Iraq's prime minister takes action on video of officers beating teenager
NEXT British MP Craig Whittaker accused of racism after blaming Muslims and minorities for new coronavirus lockdown