Pompeo says US 'committed to de-escalation' after Soleimani killing

Pompeo says US 'committed to de-escalation' after Soleimani killing
Pompeo says US 'committed to de-escalation' after Soleimani killing

We show you our most important and recent visitors news details Pompeo says US 'committed to de-escalation' after Soleimani killing in the following article

Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - WASHINGTON — US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday that the US was "committed to de-escalation" after the killing of top Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani in an American strike.

Pompeo tweeted that he had spoken with British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas and Chinese Politburo member Yang Jiechi about the killing.

"Thankful that our allies recognize the continuing aggressive threats posed by the Iranian Quds Force," he wrote. "The US remains committed to de-escalation."

The United States announced earlier that it had killed the commander of the Islamic republic's Quds Force in a strike on Baghdad's international airport.

The strike also killed the deputy chief of Iraq's powerful Hashed Al-Shaabi paramilitary force.

Pro-Iranian demonstrators laid siege to the US embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday, angered by US weekend air strikes that killed two dozen fighters from the hardline Kataeb Hezbollah paramilitary group.

The strikes were in response to a rocket attack last week that killed an American contractor working in Iraq.

The Pentagon said Soleimani had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the past few months, including on Dec. 27, the day the contractor was killed.

Soleimani "also approved the attacks" on the US embassy in Baghdad, according to the Pentagon. — AFP


These were the details of the news Pompeo says US 'committed to de-escalation' after Soleimani killing for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Saudi Gazette and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV India keeps tight lid on Kashmir on anniversary of revoking semi-autonomy
NEXT British MP Craig Whittaker accused of racism after blaming Muslims and minorities for new coronavirus lockdown