British woman in Cyprus rape claim case appeals to PM

British woman in Cyprus rape claim case appeals to PM
British woman in Cyprus rape claim case appeals to PM

Hello and welcome to the details of British woman in Cyprus rape claim case appeals to PM and now with the details

Nevin Al Sukari - Sana'a - File picture shows a British teenager who accused seven Israelis of gang rape covering her face as she comes in the Larnaca District Court on November 01, 2019. — AFP pic

LONDON, Jan 3 — A British woman convicted of falsely claiming she was gang-raped in Cyprus has urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to intervene and bring her home, according to The Sun newspaper today.

“I am 19 and all I want to do is clear my name and come home to my family,” she was quoted as saying by the daily. “Time is running out for me. Please, please help.”

The teenager, who has not been named, was convicted by a court in Cyprus last week of lying about being attacked by 12 young Israeli tourists at a hotel in the holiday resort of Ayia Napa in July.

But she claimed police had pressured her into withdrawing her complaint. The accused Israelis were then released while she was charged and later convicted of “public mischief”.

Britain’s Foreign Office has said it was “seriously concerned” about whether she had received a fair trial, and the case has been taken up by rape survivors and rights groups.

A protest march from the Cyprus high commission in London is set to take place on Monday, a day before the woman is due to return to court to be sentenced.

She faces up to a year in prison and a fine of about €1,700 (RM7,770).

Her family wants London to secure her release, as she has been unable to leave the Mediterranean island since the case began.

Her mother told The Sun her daughter was convicted by a “kangaroo court”. — AFP

These were the details of the news British woman in Cyprus rape claim case appeals to PM for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV World's three hottest Julys happened in the last five years
NEXT Rescuers scour Beirut blast zone as first arrests made