Italian group Intesa Sanpaolo increases stake in Bank of Alexandria to 80%

Italian group Intesa Sanpaolo increases stake in Bank of Alexandria to 80%
Italian group Intesa Sanpaolo increases stake in Bank of Alexandria to 80%

Thank you for reading the news about Italian group Intesa Sanpaolo increases stake in Bank of Alexandria to 80% and now with the details

Jeddah - Yasmine El Tohamy - CAIRO: The Bank of Alexandria has said its Italian majority owner, the Intesa Sanpaolo banking group, has re-acquired shares previously owned by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), which it first sold to it in 2008.

The stake repurchased by Intesa represents 39 million shares, or 9.75 percent.

In a statement, the bank said the Italian banking group had bought IFC’s share for about $162 million, meaning it now controlled 80 percent.

The group had previously acquired an 80 percent stake in the Bank of Alexandria in 2006, with the remaining 20 percent share belonging to the Egyptian state, represented by the Ministry of Finance.

IFC bought a 9.75 percent stake from Intesa Sanpaolo two years later.

During the share purchase process between Intesa Sanpaolo and the IFC, the two parties agreed on the conditions under which the corporation reserved the right to resell the shares to the group based on the share price agreed upon at the time of the agreement.

The Bank of Alexandria had previously announced that for the first half of 2020, its assets exceeded 103.8 billion Egyptian pounds ($6.58 billion) and achieved a net profit of EGP 1.36 billion pounds,.

Customer deposits in the bank reached 86.5 billion pounds, and loans reached 44.75 billion pounds.

The Bank of Alexandria was established in 1957, and has over 176 branches in all major Egyptian governorates, employs over 4,500 people, and serves 1.5 million customers.

 

These were the details of the news Italian group Intesa Sanpaolo increases stake in Bank of Alexandria to 80% for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.

It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Arab News and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.

PREV “Acquisition in Italy will triple the FFO in 2021” – gas...
NEXT Behind the scenes of the appointment of Yaki and Damani as...