Thank you for reading the news about Sheikh Mohammed issues law to enhance, protect DIFC property sector and now with the details
Aden - Yasmine El Tohamy - Move a key step for delivering on landmark expansion plan that will transform future of finance
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai has issued Law No.1 of 2020 pertaining to leasing in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The law will enhance the DIFC's property market and reflects the centre's commitment to maintaining a legal and regulatory framework aligned with international best practices.
It introduces areas of protection and assurance to lessors and lessees entering into leases at properties based in the dynamic financial ecosystem of the DIFC.
The law will address specific factors relating to real property within the DIFC, including the requirement to provide an appropriate regulatory environment aligned with common law jurisdictions and onshore Dubai practices due to the DIFC's status as an offshore jurisdiction within the UAE by:
1. Introducing general requirements for leases and general obligations for lessees and lessors;
2. Introducing a tenancy deposit scheme for residential leases to be administered by the Registrar of Real Property;
3. Requiring the production of condition reports in the format required by the Leasing Law by residential lessors;
4. Imposing a maximum limit on security deposits collected by residential lessors and further specific provisions for residential leases; and,
5. Introducing clearer provisions relating to the termination of leases and the disposal of goods and chattels at the property following the termination or liquidation of the lessee.
Essa Kazim, governor of the DIFC, said, "Enacting the new DIFC Leasing Law will not only provide clearer guidance for thousands of landlords and tenants at the DIFC, but advancing our legislation also represents a key step for delivering on our landmark expansion plan that will transform the future of finance."
These were the details of the news Sheikh Mohammed issues law to enhance, protect DIFC property sector for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Khaleej Times and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.